Parent & Community Participation
Involvement in our school by parents, carers and community members helps children achieve the best possible learning outcomes. You can participate in school life, both formally and informally, through our Governing Council, committees, Parent & Friends or volunteering to support a variety of aspects of our school life.
There are many opportunities available for people who wish to volunteer, helping in school activities like: excursions and school events, assistance with reading and mathematics programs, and participation in range of whole school activities. You don’t need any particular qualifications or experience but you do need to complete the following:
- Sign a Volunteer Agreement
- A Volunteer Application Form with signed declaration
- The Online Department Volunteer Induction
- A DHS Working with Children Check – please complete this form and return it to the Front Office to initiate an online process
- The Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect (RRHAN) Training
- Attend a face-to-face school induction session. We will be holding face-to-face induction sessions throughout the year. Date and times for these sessions will be communicated via email with further details on how to book in.
We are looking for enthusiastic people who want to help improve the learning outcomes for all students.