It is expected that all children will wear the school uniform.
We believe that a school uniform contributes to:
- Whole school unity and individual feelings of self worth through such unity;
- The provision of a supportive school environment by reducing levels of competitive dressing;
- The realisation of social justice by relieving parents of pressures to purchase high cost, brand name clothing for school wear;
- Positive visibility of NAPS in the wider community.
Therefore we will support the wearing of school uniform by:
- Extensive consultation with our school community (students and parents), the following school uniform can be ordered through the Spartan School World online uniform shop.
- Positive staff and community support for school uniform;
- Taking steps to eliminate dress-based harassment;
- Inclusion of a broad range of non-brand named clothing in the dress code;
- Regular review of the school uniform in consultation with students, parents/caregivers and staff;
- The yearly provision of exclusive “Class of …” garments for Year 6 students which are organised by class teachers.
Children are required to wear a school hat during play and P.E. times, all year round. Hats are available from the Spartan School World online shop – see the link above. No hat means no play. Children will be required to stay in the shade if they do not have a hat.
Enclosed shoes or sandals suitable for physical activity are required whilst at school to ensure that they provide protection from injury during sport and play time activities. Plain black, grey or white footwear is best. Thongs, crocks and beach sandals do not provide protection and, therefore, should not be worn.
The school policy is that in the summer months, children should wear clothing which provides some protection from the sun. As a result, children should not wear the following to school: singlets, muscle shirts or summer dresses with little or no protection around the shoulders or neck. This is particularly important on Casual Clothes days.
School Bags (optional)
Bags can be purchased from Spartan online shop with school logo on them.
- long sleeve polo shirt with collar and school logo
- short sleeve polo shirt with collar and school logo
- navy blue pants or navy blue track pants (no jeans)
- navy blue shorts
- navy blue leggings
- navy blue skort
- polar fleece jacket
- bomber jacket
- blue sports jacket
- red, blue and white checked dress
- navy blue checked tunic
- wide brim navy hat
- navy blue bucket hat – adjustable
- navy blue bucket hat – adjustable and reversable with sports team colour
If not purchasing from the Spartan online store the following uniform pieces are acceptable:
- plain red polo shirt
- navy blue bottoms (no jeans)
- plain red or navy blue jacket or jumper
- blue and white checked dress (not red and white)
*** No large sports logo’s or labels to be visible ***
There is no defined Winter, Summer or Sports uniform.